Saturday, May 5, 2012

Survival, Original Posting on March 6, 2012

Apparently today I need a little help.  I did buy the urn.  It's gorgeous, at least online.  But in the midst of hundreds of ridiculously expensive urns and my complete inability to provide "the best" for my son, I lost it.  So I called my husband at work who apparently did not realize I needed his complete and undivided attention.  Which made me want to punch someone.  Obviously I talked through my feelings and explained what I was feeling, blah, blah, blah, I've already experienced this and don't want to do it again.  SO, I thought I'd write out some not-so-healthy alternatives to talking out my feelings as a means for survival.  ...some of which I've already done.


Eat an entire sleeve of Thin Mints.
Sob uncontrollably and then pretend to be laughing to not upset my daughter.
Go for a walk and get distracted by trying to figure out which house was the pedo house on the internet.  
Throw things.  I've not tried this yet, but it seems cathartic.
Demand I'm not cooking dinner.  Choose somewhere delicious to eat instead.
Refuse to clean the house.  I hate cleaning the house.
Watch Liv eat all my magazines and paperback books.
Netflix all episodes of Psych and time how long it takes me to figure out whodunnit.
Refresh Facebook every five minutes.
Call everyone I know to spread Facebook gossip.
Sob again.


See?  I'm practically healed!  Look at all the ways I have to overcome my grief.  Feel free to adopt these for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment