Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 2, Capturing My Grief

Day 2 of CarlyMarie's photo challenge: Self-portrait pre-loss. 

This is me the weekend I found out I was pregnant with Carpenter. We had a photographer do pictures of our whole family (siblings, kids, parents, etc) and we had a fabulous time. This is one of very few family portraits that includes Carpenter. I realize today I will never have a picture that includes my whole family now that Little M is here. I will never see my whole family together. Would that I could regain the innocence captured in this picture. Just four happy people, who knew nothing would ever hurt them. Until it did. This is my grief.

Note:  Day 1 was skipped.  The theme was "sunrise" and as it's been pouring for two days straight, that's not been an option.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment