Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 27, Capturing My Grief

Day 27, Artwork





I am not the most artistic person in the world.  My hands don't do well with drawing, painting...or even writing.  Ask anyone I've ever written a letter.  But one thing I really like doing is playing with flowers.  And on Sunday, I wanted to make something for the altar at church.  It was, after all, the day Carpenter was supposed to have been baptized.  So I made him an arrangement to celebrate that I knew he was there for his sweet cousin on her special day.  This is a forty-pound pumpkin, white, filled with roses, spider mums, button mums and daisies.  Bright colors to remind my sweet Carpenter what a bright spot he is in my heart and in my life.  

Never seeing flowers without thinking of my son...this is my grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment